• The most effective search to find the childcare you need is to use a postcode in the advanced search. • You can then filter by the type of childcare you are looking for such as a Nursery, Pre-school, Childminder or Extended Services. • Select the Extended Services sub category to show you Breakfast, After School or Holiday Clubs.

• This is a good search to find childcare in a town • If you are looking for a particular provider you can enter their name to find their details.

• The Ofsted Rating filter is not recommended as it does not return new providers who have been registered with Ofsted and are awaiting their first inspection. • If you want to narrow the results returned you can use the filters such as “funding age” or “availability”. • If you need to widen your returned results you need to press the clear button.

• The map search will only show you Nurseries, Pre-schools, Breakfast, After School or Holiday Clubs. • The filter for childcare options on the map search is currently not available.

If your child is aged 3 or 4 and resident in Hampshire then they are entitled to 570 hours of free early years education in a year, beginning from the term after the child’s third birthday until they start school. From September 2017 working families may be eligible for a further 570 hours. For further information visit: www.hants.gov.uk/childrens-services/childcare/parents/cis/eye

For details of childcare services visit: www.hants.gov.uk/cis/childcare-options For information about choosing childcare services visit: www.hants.gov.uk/cis/cfit-publications

Your family may qualify if you receive benefits or have a low annual household income. For further information, to check eligibility and apply, visit: www.hants.gov.uk/cis/eye/2-year-old-offer-2

This is funding for childcare providers available for 3 and 4 year olds who are currently accessing their free Early Years Education and whose families are receiving benefits or have a low annual household income. For further information visit: www.hants.gov.uk/childrens-services/childcare/parents/cis/eye

There are various schemes available to help towards the cost of childcare depending on the family annual household income and the age of the child or children. For further information visit: www.hants.gov.uk/cis/financial-and-other-support

Check at the school what is on offer. Schools often provide clubs or activities and some schools will have holiday clubs running too. Parents can request schools to consider providing out of school childcare where there are not sufficient services: www.gov.uk/government/publications/wraparound-and-holiday-childcare-responding-to-requests Often childminders will pick up from schools and can offer services before, after and during holidays for all ages of children. Go to the ‘Search for Services’ tab above for details.

• Supporting Families Early Help Directory: www.hants.gov.uk/supportingfamilies • Connect To Support Hampshire: connectsupport.hants.gov.uk/ • Hampshire Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer: www.hantslocaloffer.info/en/Main_Page

Contact the Family Information Service on 0300 555 1384 or email childrens.services@hants.gov.uk

Contact your Services for Young Children local area office: www.hants.gov.uk/childcare/useful-contacts/sfyc-local-offices